The Finance Director Job Description
Interested in becoming a finance director? The following are some of the major pieces of information important about the finance director job description.
- A director of finance job description involves managing the organization’s department of finance. This is the core work of a finance director.
- Another significant task of a finance director is to manage and monitor financial resources as well as actively conduct resource planning for future sustainability.
- The job also includes coming with effective and competent strategic planning strategies and performing analytical tasks about outwitting the closest competitor in the industry.
- He will also monitor the company’s financial budget preparation, submit reports to BOD, and supervise business performance.
- He must be able to coordinate with senior and junior managements of the organization’s departments.
- Designing the financial policies, rules, and regulations for the better functioning and performance of the whole company.
- Accounts control monitoring and tabs keeping from each department account.
- Aids in motivating for the optimum performance of the staff.
- The finance director also serves in preparing and supervising financial reports from other departments and truthfully present in before the company’s board of directors.
Educational Requirements for Financial Director
The financial director must hold a bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, or business administration. However, some employers require a master’s degree in business administration or risk management to qualify as financial directors must be professional and skilled in the field.
Director of Finance Salary Range
Highly paid finance directors usually get a salary range of around $47,000 to $85,000 for 1 to 5 years of work experience while 6 or more years earn up to $135,000 on the average.