Car insurance rates are high because of several reasons. However, one thing is for certain — the rates will keep rising. There are ways by which you can bring down your car insurance cost.
Let’s have a look at the possible ways:
- Insurance for a single vehicle is always more costly than insurance for multiple vehicles. If you have more than one vehicle, always club the insurance together to get a lesser quote.
- Some companies are just not into vehicle insurance only. They even have other insurance policies. If you maintain other policies with them then you may be entitled for a discount. Some companies offer it directly, whereas with some, you may have to bargain.
- Maintain a clean driving record is very important. Fewer traffic violation cases can bring down your insurance premiums. Drivers are given points on the basis of their driving records. These points count while buying vehicle insurance.
- If you have a defensive driving course degree, then some companies may provide discount on your insurance. Ask your insurance agent about this before buying insurance.
- Most people buy insurance without seeking quotes from competing insurance companies. Avoid doing this if you wish to save on rising insurance costs.
- Before providing you discounts, some insurance companies seek information about your driving hours. If your daily mileage is less, you can get a discount. So, whenever a company seeks data on your daily mileage, make sure you quote a lower figure.
Remember, the insurance on older cars come cheap. So, if you are planning to buy a car, go for a used car to save on insurance costs.
Also Read: How to Reduce Car Loan Debt
Other ways to cut down on insurance premiums is by reducing unnecessary coverage’s and installing safety devices like anti theft gadgets. As some companies, for some silly reasons, even take your credit rating into account, it is advisable to maintain a good credit rating too.